Beulah Congregational Chapel

The chapel was erected in 1821, re-erected in 1841 and enlarged in 1883 according to the inlaid stone on the front of the building. The first Beulah Music Festival was held here in September 2004 and the second, in 2005.

The building has a lovely acoustic and is a welcoming space for music making but due to its furnishings and internal layout is best suited for choral concerts and small instrumental ensembles.

Information for events:

Children are not allowed in the gallery for insurance reasons.
There are no toilet facilities – please enquire before the performance.
Car parking is on roadside.
Wheelchair access – please enquire.

Beulah Reading Room

The Reading Room is an excellent performing space. It is due for a refurbishment this winter (2012) and will receive its new piano from the Festival. It provides space for an audience of sixty or more and a raised stage for a medium sized instrumental ensemble. Its central location in the village makes it ideal for community events.
Information for events:

There is a kitchen and toilet.
There is no car park but plenty of space is available on roadside.
Wheelchair access – there is a small step up into the building.

The Barn, Gilwern

Gilwern is the residence of Penelope Bourdillon, the president of the Beulah Music Festival. The Barn, which has been recently redeveloped, includes a conference suite, catering facilities and a 50 seat recital room with excellent acoustics. The recital room and its facilities are on the same level with ramp access from outside.

Information for events:
Gilwern Barn is fully equipped for concerts, conferences and meetings.
There is a car park.
Wheelchair access – there is level access to the recital room and meeting room.

Eglwys Oen Duw

Eglwys Oen Duw (Church of the Lamb of God) was opened for divine worship on 8th November 1866. This beautiful Victorian church was built in 1865. It is particularly noted for the fine Victorian Stained Glass. The East and West windows were made by Clayton & Bell and two windows on the South side, one in the Chancel and the other in the Sanctuary are by Burlison & Grylls. These latter two windows are cited by Martin Harrison in his book Victorian Stained Glass as one of their ten finest examples in the United Kingdom.

Eglwys Oen Duw was given a Grade II* listing in the year 2000 for its distinctive style and especially for the fine interior detail and fittings.

Information for events:
A kitchen and toilet are available.
There is a small car park with additional space on roadside.
Wheelchair access – a ramp is available.


Tyrannell is the modern name for what was the manor house of the old Aberannell estate from the early 1700s to about 1890 when it became the vicarage for Eglwys Oen Duw. In 1971 it became a private residence and was purchased by the Cox family in 1999.

The music room provides an intimate atmosphere for recitals with seating for up to 35 together with the pleasant surroundings of the house and gardens.

Information for events:
There are toilet facilities.
There is parking space in the grounds and nearby.
Wheelchair access – there is level access to the music room.

Leave a Reply